Wednesday 4 June 2008

I'm growing up

I have always struggled with the green demon of jealousy and, in retrospect, I recognise the damage done to friendships and relationships.

I came to realise that friends are not something that I can put back n a box when I finish playing with them and that my friends do actually exist outside my experience. That friends are still friends even when they are not here.

So, I just want to say thank you to my friends for being my friend (God knows I don't deserve you) and thank you for my friend's friends for being there for our mutual friend. By embracing diverse friends we bring wealth and experience to each and every one of our friends.

2 comments:

Trix said...

Hi,this is such a heartwarming post,as it brings to my mind the whole concept of friends and friendship.ITs sometimes said that no man can be an island...well,I guess with a few friends to call ones own,there is no need to be an island,and friends bring that extra something to the table.No matter if you had jealous feelings that made things difficult for yourself and those around you,if you are beginning to understand those feelings then I must agree with you...you ARE growing up,lol.....which can be a GOOD thing. Sweetie-pie... :)

Toadee said...

thanks for calling by jesse, it's a weird feeling being grown up lol